Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Transparency in Christian Marriages-Let's start with Wifey!

Again, I'm only focusing on Christian marriages because I believe if we want to see real & good change in marriages in general, then we must lead by example-that example being God, given through His word, revealed in Christ.

One of the issues I am more appreciative of today is time. I know, you thought I was going to say the 'S' word (submit), but not directly. Time is important because what we do with our time is an indicator of what's important to us-at least at that moment.

Let me ask you wives-Where do you spend most of your time? Is it caring for your family? Are you working outside the home? How many hours per week do you drive back/forth to work? How many home-cooked meals do you prepare for your family? Are you a full-time homemaker? Do you attend any activities at your kids' school? Is your child in day-care or someone else's care more than 10-15 hours per week-even during the school season? Are we making time to sit and talk to our spouses?

Now some of you are fuming at my questions, I know, but I want to assure you, I'm asking myself some of these questions, too, and more. While you're thinking about these questions and others, I want to hear from you what you're thinking, what do you feel when you ask yourself these questions? Do you feel anger, frustration, overwhelmed, guilt, or anything else? I'm not even focusing on solutions right now, just emotions.

Before I end, I want you to think about this-What does it meant to 'Have it all,' and is there a cost to doing so? Let's start digging in and being honest and transparent with ourselves and each other.

To my Sisters-in-Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment