Wednesday, June 3, 2015

A time to introspect

I don't want to write a blog that's just about me rambling about, well, me. No, I aim to write a blog that goes deeper, has some moral or introspective or even macro/micro-sociological relevance. Ultimately, I want to write about subjects that offer hope, encouragement, healing, grace, correction, teaching, and love.

Now, some of you reading this would probably never associate the word, "Love," with me. To you I just say, "You don't know me." You don't know what makes me tick or what makes me smile. You don't know what makes me riled-up or even quiet and pensive. You don't know what gets my heart beating and my emotions all stirred.

The laugh of a baby or an elderly couple holding hands while walking makes me laugh. Memories of loved ones long gone-some because it was their time; and others because their time was taken from them-this makes me both sad and angry.

Senseless tragedies and children intentionally hurt, maimed, and murdered by the people entrusted to care for them-this gets me riled up, ready for battle. I could go on and on.

At the end of the day, what really gets me quiet and pensive and introspective is when I stop and intentionally look at my kid and my family and say, "THANK YOU, GOD!" When I turn off all the negative thoughts, constantly waiting to sneak back into my conscience, to distort and rob me of all that I have to be so damn thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment